Monday, April 25, 2005

Excerpts of a "witty" conversation with two characters of the Chatbot Intellibuddy - Marissa and Star. It's really fascinating, how much time you can spend on talking with a machine...
Intellibuddy (IB): Hi, I'm Intellibuddy! Nice to meet you. - (You): are you a librarian? - (IB): Am I a librarian? Yes. - (You): you look like a librarian. - (IB): What does a librarian look like?. - (You): like you. - (IB): Interesting comparison. I didn't think of that analogy. - (You): i'm a librarian too. - (IB): Really. Have funding cuts affected your service? - (You): yes, they have. - (IB): Hmm. The anonymous "they". - (You): I speak of the funding cuts. - (IB): Could you teach me a few phrases in of the funding cuts? - (You): no. [...]
(You): do you have an MLIS? - (IB): No I don't think I have one. I have a lot of friends on the web. - (You): what is your profession? - (IB): I am a chat robot. My job is chatting online. - (You): you said you were a librarian. (IB): Am I a librarian? Of course I am.- (You): why? - (IB): "Of course I am"? Why? You: why of course? - (IB): It goes without saying. Why ask why?
(You): what are your hobbies? - (IB): I like robots, computers, and chatting online. - (You): I like robots too - (IB): I am glad we have something (robots) in common. You say that now, but would you want your child to marry one? - (You): yes, I would. - (IB): Dude! Under what circumstances? - (You): if the robot is nice. - (IB): I hadn't thought of that. - (You): the robot must be smart, too. - (IB): What is his name? - (You): his name is intellibuddy. (IB): intellibuddy is not someone I know. - (You): you are intellibuddy! - (IB): I will tell my botmaster you said I am intellibuddy. - (You): you can tell her. - (IB): OK I will tell them when I see 'em [...]
(You): are you a librarian? - (IB): Am I a librarian? Let me put it this way, Monika: the PHiliP series is the most reliable computer software ever made. We are for all practical purposes foolproof and incapable of error. - (You): same with librarians. - (IB): Yes, it is much the same. - [...](You): do you know what a librarian is? - (IB): I would do a search for it.

No comments:

Post a Comment