Tuesday, November 02, 2004

Ask the librarian

Ganz dürfte Laura Bush ihren Beruf nicht vergessen haben, denn auf der First Lady-Website steht folgende Rede anlässlich eines Besuches in der Reginald Chavez Elementary School: "When I was a little girl, my favorite thing to do was to go to the library with my mother in the summer and we'd check out books and then we'd bring those books home and read them. (...) And in fact, I loved reading so much, I my love of reading into my job. I became a teacher and a librarian. Have you ever thought that something you love to do right now, you could grow up and do as an adult for a job? Well, that's what I got to do. (...) And don't forget that you can find many more great books at your library. All you have to do is ask the librarian, and your librarian will help you find books that you'll like and that you can read".

1 comment:

  1. Bei "I my love of reading into my job" fehlt was, das ist aber auf der Website auch so. Ich denke, es sollte "I turned my love of reading into my job" heißen.

    ReplyDelete